Saturday, January 30, 2016

My First Unreleased Miniatures Miniatures....Unreleased Miniatures^2 ...Miniatures from Unreleased Miniatures


Its been a long time coming for this post. I have had these minis for a while, painted for a while, but see previous excuses for my litany of reasons for not getting stuff posted on time. Anyway, on to the models. These two were from the first wave of Unreleased Miniatures work.

First up is the foot version of the "Absolutely Random Dwarf Lord". I like the pose, sort of a "bring it on you woodland sprite" look to him. Detail was good, and there was some opportunity to embellish it with paint. All in all a good model. I have yet to start the mounted version, but it's sitting on the paint table, so its not in the too distant future. However, if you have read any of my other posts and know about my Rivendell knight, you will know the previous statement is completely meaningless. Anyway, here he is:

Next up, Fat Medieval Bismark. Again another fine miniature: hair, beard, cloak, all good. If I had one complaint it would be the proportions of the horses neck, its a little fat. But hey, this is light years beyond anything I could ever accomplish so I have no room to say too much. Over all, another fine sculpt. I took the opportunity to do a bit of freehand and an alternate color scheme.



I have a bunch more of their line to paint, I just haven't got to it yet, but you can see decided improvements in what they are coming out with. All in all I liked these. The resin material was lacking, leaving lots of holes to be filled but they quickly moved away from that. In fact, I think even the first resin waves can now be obtained in metal, and I would highly suggest it. In fact, I may replace my remaining resin models with metal.

That's all for this one. I'm still not caught up. I can think of at least one more post that needs to be made, I'll get to it....probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment